The Rare Wine Co.—one of the country’s most revered wine merchants—is looking for an experienced and motivated operations professional.
Since 1989, wine lovers have prized The Rare Wine Co. as one of the world’s greatest sources of old & rare wine. And, since 1999, our import business has grown into one of the most respected in the US market. After a quarter century in our original location, we’ve just moved to a much larger new facility, and are in the process of building our core operating procedures.
This unique position provides an opportunity both to shape the way we operate today, and to build the infrastructure for us to thrive over the next 25+ years.
Please find below a list of currently available positions. To apply or if you would like to be considered for other future opportunities, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently Available Positions
As one of our Warehouse team members you will report to the Warehouse Manager and will be responsible for contributing to the successful daily operations of our Customer Service and Warehouse operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not be limited to:
- Fulfilling orders in a pick and pack operation using scan guns and visual identification, with impeccable attention to detail
- Shipping individual orders direct to consumer and to our wholesale customers via multiple carriers’ software (UPS, USPS, DHL, Fedex, Freight) with adherence to customer compliance
- Identifying and receiving inbound goods into our system
- Inventory organization, put away and cycle counting as needed to maintain accurate inventory records
- Working and supporting other departments to achieve company goals, which requires excellent attention to detail and quality, and strong collaboration and communication skills
We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
Required skills include:
- Self-directed, flexible, organized and resourceful
- Positive energy, enjoy a fast pace, a bit of occasional chaos, and not afraid of change and experimentation. Willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to achieve our goals
- Experience and understanding of best practices in receiving, inventory management, inventory storage, cycle counting and order fulfillment/pick and pack operations
- Orientation towards identifying areas for improvement and making suggestions to increase efficiency and quality
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to set and manage multiple priorities
- Safety minded, working around forklifts, pallet jacks, high areas and the ability to know when to ask for help
- Ability to lift 50lbs and to work in a cool climate for long period of time
- Clear, concise written and spoken communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with entire staff
- Minimum three (3-5) years in a process-oriented production environment
- Understanding of wine naming: appellations, vineyards & vintages to enable accurate picking
- Industry competitive hourly wage
- 401k, health, dental and disability insurance
- New offices in Brisbane, California
- A top-notch employee purchase program
- Opportunities for advancement and a chance to develop and expand your knowledge of the wine industry
Please send a resume and cover letter telling us why you’re excited about this position and sharing your relevant experience. Please send your resume to: email@example.com